CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 31, 2008

A dose of perspective

Just when I'm thinking 'woe is me, what a long winter, I'm so sick of snow' the Hallmark channel plays "Little House on the Prairie" reruns. My favorite show as a child and I read the books about 10 times growing up. If you've never read them, one whole book in the series is dedicated to "The Long Winter." Anyway, the episode playing today was about the blizzard in May with little supplies on hand. "Eat slowly children, make it last." We have it so easy now! And yet I complain when I don't have a car every day to go where I want, when I want regardless of the weather. Roads are plowed within two hours of snowfall, I'm healthy enough to shovel my little driveway and I have a nice toasty house with plenty of food in it. Thank you Laura Ingalls Wilder for helping me gain some perspective and count my blessings!

0 comments: