CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Missing J

One week without J and I'm really feeling it... I know I sometimes feel my darling husband doesn't do as much as he should or could with the kids and house stuff, but it only takes a week of him being gone to realize all the little things he does. Like:
When LB wakes up at 4:30 to 5:00 every morning, J's usually already up and gets him a banana and drink and keeps him happy until he goes to PT and I get my butt out of bed. (I really miss that extra hour or so of sleep!)
He starts a movie in his office and keeps the babies happy while I'm trying to make dinner.
He holds a baby and sometimes helps put pajamas on after a bath (otherwise we have a naked, loaded baby running around while I get the other one out of the tub!)
I get to talk to an adult at least twice a day for however short that may be!
I don't have to pay him to watch the kids while I go to Bunco or a movie.
He helps get dinner on the table and clears after.
He gets BB and BG to do their chores much more effectively than I do, which saves me a lot of time and headache.
He keeps everyone occupied while I take a nap on the weekends.

I know the list goes on and some of these don't sound that big, but after this week I am much more appreciative of the little things. I think I've been in bed by 8:30 almost every night! And I'm so going to start napping every day again! So, can you tell I'm not really looking forward to a year+ of him being gone... Besides the just plain missing him, he manages to make himself indispensible when he's here. I know we'll adjust and get through things the best we can, but our best is always better when our family is together. Sometimes I feel like each deployment is somewhat like childbirth in that I forget very quickly how painful or difficult it was as soon as J gets back and we're together again; then as the time gets closer to him leaving again some of that pain and fear starts to come back. Thinking about it now, this will be the first time he'll be gone that I'm not pregnant! No wonder I associate the two!

0 comments: