CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

New Template

Kind of new to this, but I thought I would try changing my template to visions of spring... A few glitches, like loosing my other HTML links but overall pretty painless. Speaking of spring, it's 55 degrees and raining! Today is also the birthday of my dad and his mom and his grandmother so I wanted to share a poem my grandmother wrote after emerging from the grief of losing her three-year-old daughter Sara in 1957. My Grandma passed away this January before she saw another spring time, but I know she is enjoying spring in Heaven as her poem states.

Heavenly Spring
by Ada Kurtti

The daffodils are blooming
And spring is on its way
The birds are singing blithely
All nature is so gay
My heart with joy is bursting
With all my eyes survey
God's power and loving splendor
In nature doth convey.

But spring's not here to stay
Neither does it long remain,
The summer's harvest gathered
Then winter comes again.
And so 'tis with my soul,
It knows winter's cold and fears,
And yearns for Heaven's homeland
With spring's ne'er ending years.

Rejoice my soul be happy
The time will one day come,
When Jesus calls His loved ones
To their eternal home.
His precious bride, His blood bought,
The spring of Heaven shall see
And dwell with God the Father,
the Son eternally.

1 comments:

Kellee said...

Love your poem and template. Spring is also my favorite time of year.