CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Garden surprises

One of the joys or maybe frustrations of living in Army housing is finding out what the previous occupants have done with the yard & garden areas. It's been hard here because everything looks dead until now we're finally getting some green on the bushes out front. Anyway, I've been trying to plant a few things, but am impatient to see what is already planted and going to grow! I know there are a few hydrangeas and some lavender in front but I can't really tell what anything else is without leaves. I think I pulled up what was probably a ground cover yesterday with lots of spreading roots. So it will be 'Garden Surprise' and hopefully whatever I put in looks ok with it...

1 comments:

Major Mom said...

I know you have really nice hydrangeas under your kitchen windows. I almost dug them up when the other people moved out. They are purple.