CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Two of my least favorite activities

have been on my agenda the last week or so... First, the window on my van fell into the door because I tried opening it, not realizing it was frozen shut! Then I had to go to the dentist last week to have a bunch of fillings replaced.

So, Saturday we drove in the 10 degree weather with the window down and the heat going full blast. I think I was the only one who was cold and had to wear my ski gloves and a big scarf and hat! Anyway, I was driving through the gate and the guard asked if I knew my NYS Inspection was expiring on Sunday? No! I guess I just assumed it was good as long as the registration was which is two years... Anyway, I brought the van to Midas on Monday because they were the ones with the earliest appointment and the check engine light was on so it automatically failed the inspection! And they didn't have the part for the window or the EGR valve that it needed so I would have to go a dealer anyway. They at least got the window back up for me so I didn't have to drive in the cold. But, the dealer in town is having some problems and can't order parts right now so I ended up driving down to Adams, about 30 minutes away, and sat there from 10:30 until 3:30 yesterday while they tried to fix everything and of course found one of the tie rods was bad too. $600 and five hours later and it still didn't pass the inspection because now it needs to be driven for a while so all the monitors come back on line... What a pain!

Another pain in my mouth since the fillings I had done last week weren't filed down quite right, so I had to go back in today after a weekend of pain and sensitivity on my whole left side. Luckily, it was a quick fix and it feels better already! Not looking forward to the next visit in a couple of weeks for the right side...

Other than those issues, things haven't been too bad this past week without Synthroid or coffee. My energy level has actually been pretty good and I've even been able to get to the gym a few times a week. I am pretty wiped out in the evenings though and what bedtime routine we did have has gone out the window. I am starting to get dinner done earlier because if it's not done by 5:30-6:00ish, we're eating cereal... Which would be just fine with BG!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It seems when it rains it pours. Hope today looks brighter. I'll be thinking of you!!

The Galingers on the Go (European Vacation) said...

Geez, woman...you win in the irriting events catagory! Wish I could have helped. Did your lights come back online yet?