CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Thawing out

We're starting to thaw out here a bit although it's been chilly again the last couple of days, we did have some nice weather this last week to get out and play. I started using my camera I got for an early birthday present and still don't have all the settings figured out. It's a little more complicated than my old one with a few more manual settings, but the auto feature works fine and the sports setting is great. No more pictures of a LB blur running by...

Other than that we've had a relaxing Saturday at home with the exception of the lack of birthday party etiquette in the neighborhood. I despise having to explain to my child why he can't go to a birthday party that all of his friends are going to when the birthday child said he could come at the last minute while they were all playing outside together. As a parent, I understand you can't always invite everyone and that's completely OK, and I don't expect kids to keep their birthday party a secret, but don't send your kids out to flaunt a party when you know there are kids out there that aren't invited. And of course he doesn't understand the difference between being 'invited' 5 minutes before a party by the six-year old and being invited in advance by a parent. Just makes me be the mean mommy by saying 'no, you can't go, you weren't really invited.' So after some tears and playing Wii, all is better and he's out playing with his friends again, post party. Just one of those hard things about living on post in a neighborhood full of kids. Someone's always having a birthday and you just can't have everyone come even if you want to, but teach your kids to be sensitive to others and how they would feel if they were the one kid not invited. And just a side note, I wouldn't have expected BB to be invited to this party, as it was for a younger child and if the kid hadn't said anything, there would have been no issues. Anyway, hope I don't sound like the disgruntled mom of an outcast child, just don't like having to hurt my kid when it wasn't necessary, although a good teaching point for us as his birthday will be coming up before we know it!

Anyway, back to our relaxing Saturday although I did manage to get a few things done, like mop the floors and vacuum and clean the bunny cage and never ending laundry... Here's a few pics from my new camera of the last couple of weeks:


0 comments: