CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Housing and other stuff

Well, it looks like we are going to be moving to a different house on post sometime this spring/summer! The housing area we are living in is being re-designated for Jr Enlisted soldiers and we've been on the housing list since we got here, for one of the large, new houses they are building. After another winter cooped up in this little one I'm ready to spread out a bit! Anyway, housing had an open house for all the Field Grade Officers on the housing list to update us on the construction plan and on our place on the wait list. Turns out, they are building a few 5 bedroom houses and with our 4 children, we qualify for one of those and only 2 people ahead of us on that list, so sometime between May and September we should be moving across post. The only downside is that the kids will have to change schools... I don't think they'll mind though as they'll be going with a lot of kids they already know and switching during the summer isn't as big an issue as in the middle of the year like the last 3 moves!

We had a challenging weekend with me not having a lot of energy and kids being disobedient. Nothing major, just lots of little things they had to be told more than 5 times... After leaving the Wii remotes on the floor for the third time yesterday, they lost all their Wii, TV and computer game privileges. It was actually kind of a nice afternoon not hearing any electronic stuff playing and they know they were wrong and have accepted the consequences fairly gracefully so far. I've also been feeling guilty lately for leaning on these devices a bit too much to keep them occupied and I won't even go into bedtime bad habits of the last few weeks... So, natural consequences a good thing right now. Of course, I may be tearing my hair out later in the week!

I was happy to talk to a couple of my siblings today and catch up a little. I've been feeling a bit isolated from the rest of my family lately living way out here and it was good to reconnect for a little while. I think this is the longest I haven't been 'home' in a while also, so I'm missing everyone and everything more! It's March already and no blossoms to be seen here...

4 comments:

Kellee said...

Glad someone feels better after the meeting...I was wishing for a bit of good luck..hoping to get into a house before my parents get here to visit in May. oh well!

The Galingers on the Go (European Vacation) said...

You and Kellee can be neighbors!!! =)

Kellee said...

You are right Melanie...most likely we will be very close if Megan gets the 5 bedroom house assuming many other things that may and may not happen. It will be nice to have a neighbor again...

Molly said...

Hope you are feeling better Megan! We are on Spring Break right now and am feeling/going through some of the same trials you are. I am really missing my family right now too. Feelinf isolated in this Big State!