CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

As I'm another year older

I've decided to be done with beating myself up over stuff I can't control... One of those lately has been my weight. It's so frustrating for me to do the right things with diet and exercise and trying to be healthy and still gain five pounds as soon as I'm off Synthroid for a few weeks. I know it will be under control at some point and I just need to have patience with the whole process and stop worrying about it. The other area since this whole cancer thing started has been how much energy I have and how I choose to expend it. I'm not the greatest housekeeper at the best of times, so during the downtimes, my house has really suffered. Now, before you panic, husband, I'm not giving up on it all, I'm just going to be more accepting of what I can and can't do and quit feeling like I'm less because I didn't do more. And I just got a card for a new cleaning lady today. Happy Birthday to me!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I just read an article on 'perfect mom' syndrome, and how much time is wasted by trying to attempt it and no one appreciates it even if you were to ever attain it. Have you looked into spirulina? It's supposed to be great for energy and for thryroid, although I don't know how it works if you don't have a thyroid. It's in most power bars and Odwalla type drinks for energy though. Good luck. PS I love the countdown-counter.

Major Mom said...

Did you call the cleaning lady yet?? I am so excited for you, she is so awesome.

Mandy said...

Oooh, I need her name too then!

Way to go on being less critical of yourself. You are amazing and it makes me sad to think of you down on yourself. You are a great mom, a fantastic friend, and in spite of your challenges you keep that family rolling during a deployment and more! I completely admire you!