CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Anti-cancer



I picked up this book a few weeks ago and finally started reading it today. Much of it is stuff I already know, but have yet to implement in our lifestyle, like cutting way back on the sugar! Anyway, I'm about half-way through it and so far really like the well thought out presentation and explanations for why 'Western' civilizations have seen such a huge increase in cancer the last 50 years (changes in what we feed our livestock, increased sugar intake, and increases in synthetic chemicals). You have to have your head buried pretty deep to ignore what most nutritionists and doctors are saying about refined, overprocessed diets and the effects on our weight and diabetes, but they often don't go further and link the cancer 'epidemic' to all these environmental factors. Even after being diagnosed with a cancer, I assumed it was more of a genetic factor than environmental, but after reading just half this book, I'm finding that there are things I can do for myself and my family to help prevent further cancer growth and in the process cut down the odds for obesity and other related problems later on. Now, wish me luck in getting Isabelle to eat a vegetable...

0 comments: