CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and can remember everything we have to be thankful for. I think 'Thank you' are two of the most meaningful and most often overlooked words in the world. So I thought I would get my 'thank you's' down in writing to help remind myself that I do have so much to be thankful for. In no particular order:

I'm thankful I have J for a husband and father to my children. And that he loves me for who I am.
I'm thankful for our health and safety especially after the trials of late.
I'm thankful our kids are healthy and bright and seemingly 'normal' for the most part.
I'm thankful for a warm house on this cold snowy day.
I'm thankful for friends God places in our lives to see us through the harder times and to celebrate the better times.
I'm thankful for our families who love us despite our faults and shortcomings.
I'm thankful for our country where even with the current times, we still have the freedoms we enjoy.
I'm thankful for the sacrifices my husband and all our servicemembers and families make to keep our country safe and free.
I'm thankful for God's love and gift of his Son.
I'm thankful God listens to and answers prayers.
I'm thankful for music and flowers and art and every other gift God gives us to remind us that He is able to see us through.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I like your list. It's often easier to complain, but we do have SO much to be thankful to God for. I think I'm going to write my own and put it on the fridge for rough days.

The Galingers on the Go (European Vacation) said...

I second that! Happy Thansgiving Megan. I hope you are enjoying it with friends that are like family if you can't be with you family.

Angie said...

I knew you'd have the best Thanksgiving day blog so I saved yours to read last. I was right, best post all day.

Stay warm today and know that I am thankful for you and your list :)