CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween, cont.

The kids and I had a lot of fun Halloween Day! I dug their pumpkins out of the quickly melting snow Friday morning so we could carve them after school. I was able to get the twins in hourly care during the big kids parade and festivities at school, so it was nice being able to help out in BG's class before the parade and with BB's party afterward. I brought them home a little early and we all started on our pumpkins. I'm not sure why I bought four of them since BB was the only one interested in helping after the first five minutes of scooping! LG was actually afraid of them and wouldn't come near them! I've found that our Skilsaw works great for pumpkins when you don't have too much detail work! So we got those done and then I got them all into their costumes. LG was Little Red Riding Hood and wearing an old dress my mom made for me one Christmas (my sisters all had matching), LB was a cowboy, but refused to wear his boots and the hat came off after about 2 minutes. And of course the first thing he did when we went outside was jump in a puddle. Easily distracted by candy... BB decided to be the Grim Reaper and he had a great time Trick-or-Treating with his friends and a neighbor dad. Good thing because BG, dressed as Arwen from Lord of the Rings, is the laziest little trick-or-treater I've ever seen! We made it up and down our street this time, which is a record for her thus far. The twins rode in the wagon for the most part and ate whatever candy came their way... When we got back we sat around the neighbor's fire bowl and handed out candy. Except for LB being a bit cranky the next day, Halloween a success.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos and a very scary Grim Reaper!