CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

The fun never stops

and I could use a break! I did manage to get the place cleaned up a bit on Tuesday and moved some furniture around and torked my back at the same time... Woke up Wednesday and almost fell down when I got up! Managed to make it to the OSC Luncheon and made a nice Christmas wreath and then went to Bunco in the evening and had fun rolling the dice and chatting and eating. Left a little early since I wasn't feeling so great, got home, went to bed and couldn't get warm then woke up with a sore throat! Two nights of that and chills and sweats, went to the doctor today and I've got Strep throat. Hello, amoxycillin. Feeling better already, but now I have to play catch up for the last two days of laying around! And pray I don't have any sick kids.

I did make it to BB and BG's teacher conferences yesterday and thankfully no worries in the school area. BB is pretty much average in most areas, excels in art and music and needs a little bit of help with spelling. BG's teachers cannot believe that she's my challenge at home since she is such a little angel at school! And performing very well academically thus far in her kindergarten career. They're also impressed with her imagination and creativity, especially on days she dresses herself.

The littles spent a lot of time in hourly care this week and by yesterday they really didn't want to be there. They're fine as soon as I leave and when I went to pick them up they were happily playing as usual. But ready to leave... It's been different the last couple of weeks since they've moved the two-year olds into the same room with the pre-schoolers (3-5 year olds). I think they're a little overstimulated and it tires them out more. Still not sure why the 'Army' decided they would make that change? Harder for the teachers to deal with the differences in ages and development also... Here's a sample of BB's artwork. Subject matter a little wierd but the details are great in my completely unbiased opinion! Also a video of LB singing the Indiana Jones theme song. I finally figured out what he was singing when he pointed to a picture of an Indiana Jones action figure in a catalog and started 'singing' the song.


0 comments: