CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

The kids and I had a great weekend travelling to Little Egg Harbor, NJ to visit with Pop-pop and Mom-mom Adams and Aunties and cousins. We left Friday morning about 10:30 and arrived around 8:30 that night, which would have been a bit sooner if I had trusted the directions my new GPS navigation system was giving me... I'm smarter than that right? Anyway, long day and kids were all wound up when we got there. We hung out with Pop-pop and Mom-mom on Saturday and went to a little beach for about 20 minutes (about all I can handle with LB constantly heading into the water and not caring how deep it is) and then Aunt D. brought us out for ice-cream. On Sunday, BB got to go fishing with Pop-pop on his boat out in the bay and came back with a 20 inch flounder! He actually caught 5 of them but only one keeper which Mom-mom filleted and froze for us. Then Aunt D and Aunt V and Uncle B and cousins came over for a BBQ and steamed clams (LGbate 3 whole steamed clams!) and a surprise birthday cake for BB! The kids had a great time playing with their cousins (J is close in age to BB and C is close to BG) and Aunties and Uncle and I enjoyed getting reacquainted with everyone. It's also fun to see so many similarities between J and his dad... The trip home was a little quicker since I followed my directions and we all can't wait to go back again soon! Maybe I'll get up the nerve to take all of them to a 'real' beach...

1 comments:

timsjojo said...

oh the pics are so great, Im excited for W. He'll remember his fishing trip forever. We just came back from sauna at R and S's.I'm soooo sleeepy.Hope to see you soon.