CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Problem solved

My sister, M, called today and I asked her what she was doing next week (I was just assuming she was working so hadn't asked her earlier) and she said she had it off. So I asked if she wanted to come out here for a few days and just like that, she'll be here Friday night until Thursday! Kids taken care of, although I do thank my wonderful friends who were ready to step up to the plate for us! So on that note, I've had reason to really appreciate my friends and family lately and have my own list of great friend qualities as demonstrated by those around me. Trying not to be too sappy here's what I've valued in friendship lately:

1. Asking "what can I do?" and not getting offended when I don't know!
2. Offers and gestures of help and really meaning it even if I don't take you up on it.
3. Watching my kids and not telling me when they're stinkers if it's not necessary.
4. Keeping the 'gossip' and the pity to a minimum.
5. My family giving up their vacations to take care of me and mine.
6. Being kind and not pointing out the truths since I probably already know I've gained weight lately, I'm looking a bit tired and my kids are running around like banshees without shoes!
7. Ignoring the 'spaciness' which is much worse for me lately.
8. Listening to me 'whisper' and only making fun a little bit ;-)
9. Trying to make time for fun despite everything else going on.
10. Encouraging words without going overboard and embarrassing me...
11. The many people praying for me and my family.

And many more little things that make wonderful friends and make me feel so much better just knowing they're my friends. So just in case I forget to say it: Thanks, and I appreciate everything from all of you! I'm still not looking forward to being in isolation for 2-3 days but it's a lot better knowing I have so many great people around to count on...

3 comments:

timsjojo said...

Hey, just want to say, I was praying for a solution, too. Although I wanted to come see you in the worst way... I guess I am needed here. I assumed M had to work, too! Thank God for her crazy schedule!

Kellee said...

I can't even think of any good gossip to spread.... Megan you have a heart of gold, I have no doubt that if I needed you you would be here in a second. Offering is the least I can do.

Whiskeyman said...

Can you give us some good gossip for us to spread please??? LOL Seriously though if there is ANYTHING your sister needs this week let us know.

Jen :)