CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

One thing at a time

Since I have a lot to catch up on, I thought I would do it one at a time instead of one huge post... Don't want to overwhelm myself or anyone else! So back to school is next on the agenda:





Here's a couple of pics of the kids getting off the bus. A week into it and they are settling into their classes. BB was reluctant to give his man teacher a chance at first, feeling that he yelled at them all the time. I told him he had to give it a week and see how he thought of it after that. I figured it was just a matter of him having a louder voice than he was used to and seems I was right and he's feeling much better about his teacher now (and may even like him!). I'm not one who jumps in at the slightest hint of 'my child is unhappy therefore I must change everything.' I guess I want my kids to learn to get along with people and it would be a big diservice to BB to not teach him that there are many different people they will come across in life and that he needs to find a hopefully positive way to deal with all of them. Of course, I did do my 'research' first when I found out who he had and heard positive things about his teacher. I know there are a few teachers out there who are just mean or choose to pick on one child and in those cases I would offer some more concrete support to BB than just saying 'give the guy a chance before you decide you don't like him.'

BG is happy so far, although it is a long day for her. Poor girl falls asleep on the bus ride home almost every day. They get on the bus at 8:15 start school at 9:00 finish at 3:25 and are supposed to get home at 4:00 but the bus has been at least 15 minutes late every day! She is enjoying her teacher and friends and class so far and is already 'reading' her sight word books she's bringing home. I attribute that to Starfall.com for the most part, 'cause lazy parent that I am, I surely haven't been working on reading... After a few tears watching her get on the bus the first day (my little girl growing up so fast), I'm glad she's excited about school! LB and LG on the other hand really miss them both and ask for them all day and give them a big hug when they get off the bus. R points at every school bus he sees and asks 'Num? and Ba-belle?'

0 comments: