CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wedding weekend and other stuff...

So our trip to NH/MA for my dad and Hilkka's wedding started with getting blood drawn Thursday morning and then driving to Boston to meet Katrina and Devon at the airport. Kids did great in the car again and we only stopped once in 6 hours! We had to wait a little while for her flight so I called around to get a hotel that wasn't $6k per night (one place wanted to give us the presidential suite to fit us all in). We drove around Boston and Cambridge a little bit and got some dinner and found our hotel. I'm loving my GPS navigator! The kids were excited to see Devon and they were all antsy and giggly and pokey at dinner and back at the hotel.
Friday morning we found a mall nearby to pick up some last minute items (shoes mainly) for the kids and then drove to New Ipswich, NH to stay with childhood friend Lisa, married to Hilkka's son Ray! Getting around and out of Boston was a mess and took a lot longer than we thought, but lots of beautiful buildings, etc.. Rehearsal that evening with kids running everywhere and meeting a lot of new people. BB was really excited to have more cousins! Lost LB for just a little bit, he was in the pastor's office at the front of the church.

Next day we hung out with Ray and Lisa for a while and then made a quick trip (everything is at least 30 minutes away) to find a last minute item for D's flowergirl ensemble. No luck but we saw lots of beautiful, rural New England! Got back just in time to get dressed and get to the church for pictures and then see a beautiful wedding! I'm happy for my dad that he's found someone to love and love him back! I know they will face some challanges ahead and pray that God showers his Blessings on their new life together!

On Sunday, we packed our bags and loaded up and then spent some time with sister C and husband T and brother J. We left Sunday evening and made it Utica before we had to stop and sleep and made it home Monday afternoon. Unpacked, grocery store and crashed.

Oh, in case you're wondering about the bruised faces, I haven't beaten my kids...yet. BG fell off a bike at hourly care last week and landed on her face and BB was jumping around at the hotel Friday morning and hit his eye on the corner of a chair. He did't get much sympathy from me either as I had just told him to stop jumping around! This always happens just before we're about to take pictures...



Tuesday I had my pre-op appt and Wed we went to Wescott State Beach for a while and played in the water until the wind picked up and then K and I went out for dinner and movie.

Yesterday I went in for my surgery and had the right side of my thyroid removed. As mentioned in previous posts, I had a nodule on it and it was covering most of the right side so they removed the whole right side. I won't have any biopsy results until next Thursday, so another week of waiting...

All is going well so far and K is here to help me out until Monday when I go back for checkup and stiches out. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers sent my way!

1 comments:

Kellee said...

Let me just say that is an incredible picture of you and the kids. Looks like it was a lovely wedding. Hope you get some sleep tonight.