CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Made My Day

I love sharing a joke with older folks. We were at McDonalds for lunch today and as I was going to our table a woman was coming in the door with her bosoms overflowing her dress to say it as nice as I can. The older couple sitting by the door noticed also and I must have made a face 'cause the lady gave me a look and a wink... Just because they sell it at Wal-Mart in your size doesn't mean you should buy it! And yes, I know it came from WM since she sat in front of me with the tags sticking out the back over her strapless, useless bra...

This was after I scoured the Target baby section looking for shorts for LG that would actually cover her diaper. I ended up getting her and LB the same shorts since the boys ones come down to the knees. I feel like our country is so messed up when it comes to sexualizing our children (especially girls) at such a young age. Why does my 6 month old or 2 year old or for that matter my 5 year old or even a 13year old need low rise jeans and short shorts. Why can't they just be kids without worrying about their underwear showing, oh wait, I'm supposed to buy low rise bikini underwear for my little girls! I'm glad BG likes to wear dresses because at least we don't have to worry so much about her booty being covered! Just a little hard in the winter to find heavy enough tights. It's been a peeve of mine for a while, but more frustrating when you're shopping with 4 kids and can't find appropriate clothing for a 2 year old little girl. Luckily for BG , bermuda shorts are 'in' right now...

1 comments:

Molly said...

I have the same problem finding stuff for Hannah. She is at the next age group of clothing and it is REALLY hard finding cute girly stuff that is appropriate. Thankfully she prefers to wear dresses too!