CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 22, 2008

BG is FIVE!





Well, BG turned five (going on 15 sometimes!) on January 31st and we had a birthday party for her on the 15th (J's b-day) at the Community Center in our housing area. I'm not sure when or if we should be concerned about it, but most of her friends here are boys. We tried to come up with something that boys would enjoy as well as girls and Willem suggested 'knights kingdom.' I think it succeeded and everyone seemed happy with their tiaras or knight's helmets. Some of my best memories growing up were my mom's cakes on our birthdays, so Isabelle and I made a castle cake with sprinkles (not exactly the professional level of my mom's but BG was happy!) and banners and white chocolate frosting (yum!) that tasted better than it looked! The community center has a play area and a kitchen and great room and was a great location for kids running around and games. As usual, I try to pack too much in and forget important things like cameras (had to use my phone and a friend had hers) and blindfolds for the pin the sword on the dragon game and I'm sure there was more... Anyway, BG had fun, her friends had fun, the other moms were wonderful and helped us clean up, J got to be here for it and actually helped out! and I survived another birthday party...

2 comments:

Grammy Judi said...

Your Izzy is a doll. Happy Birthday Sweetie!

Thanks Megan for keeping us posted on your life

Molly said...

I can't believe how much older she looks already - you guys just left! great pictures - Happy Birthday Izzy!