CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thank you!

I love November and seeing everyone's lists of things they are thankful for and I also like writing one so on those days when I feel like complaining, I have something to come back to and remind myself of all that I have to be grateful for! So here's a list of my thank you's for this year.

Thank you God for:

getting us through this past year of transitions and moves and school changes and living together as a family again.

my husband, who despite his deep seated need for 'peace and quiet' loves us enough to keep up with our loud, rowdy bunch and a wife who likes to talk.

my Big Boy, who is mature beyond his years, still sweet and a great big brother even to other little kids. I'm thankful for his sense of humor that gets him through the tough spots.

my Big Girl, who is smart and funny and creative and can belch like a man and then laugh hysterically.

my Little Girl, who is a ray of sunshine from the moment she wakes up until the moment she doesn't get her way! Sunshine is a force to be reckoned with when it doesn't take "No" for an answer!

my Little Boy, who tries so hard to please and cannot tell a lie. Sometimes this gets him in trouble too as he hasn't yet learned that the truth hurts, but I love his candor and his imagination.

teachers who show a real interest in our children and a desire to see them succeed.

old friends I miss so much. I am thankful to have a means of communicating with through facebook and email and phone calls and an occasional letter. I'm thankful for the memories and the impact they have made in my life.

new friends and the chance to get to know more people who will become old friends!

my health improving this past year. I'm no longer on blood thinners and have been cancer free for 3 years!

my ladies Bible study group. I love getting together with 'real' ladies who aren't afraid to show who they are in Christ.

parents who had a concern and love for my eternal salvation and taught us about God's love and forgiveness.

for our recent safe travels and time spent and memories made with our family in New Jersey.

the kindness of strangers to offer us a rental home when we were visiting family for a much reduced rate!

a comfortable home and plenty of food and the means to share with others.

my family cookbook with Uncle Russ's amazing pumpkin pie recipe. I just made 6 pies, 4 ramekins and a bread pudding with what I thought would make 4 pies!

my Cuisinart and my dishwasher and an oven big enough to bake 4 pies at once! I'm thankful that the joy I get from cooking and feeding people has reappeared after a year long hiatus.

my brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews and aunties and uncles and cousins.

for Your beauty and splendor and wonderful climate to enjoy it here in Hawaii!

so much more...

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Megan. I am thankful for you being the mom you are and teaching me by example how to be less than pefect, love my less than perfect kids. For being the friend who showed me cooking is fun, laughing is good and being stylish always helps you feel better. I miss you. Thank you for this beautiful letter.

abo-bder said...

https://companyeg.wordpress.com/2016/12/21/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%B1%D9%83%D9%8A%D8%A8-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%83%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B6/

babita said...

you lucky